Saturday, July 16, 2005

The Sky is Falling....

It's quite a change in pace from reading Thoene's book "Second Touch" about lepers in Jerusalem nearing the time of Christ's crucifixion to Nino Ricci's "Where She Has Gone" to Andrew Murray's "Absolute Surrender" to John Piper's "Don't Waste Your Life" to Galdone's "Henny Penny". But I have to admit it's fun to read to the boys even though I just get to a good part in any of the books I'm reading and I can count on someone bringing me a book of their own for me to read. But I don't know how many more times I want to retell the tale of Henny Penny and her gullible friends Ducky Lucky, Cocky Locky, Turkey Lurkey and Goosey Loosey. It's just too much of a mouthful to get all those names in there.

Our dryer is on its last legs so I'm really avoiding it this summer. And that's been fine except that we're supposed to get rain today and I need to do quite a bit of laundry. Hopefully the rain'll hold off until my clothes get a chance to dry a bit.

And then this afternoon, it's off to town to play for a wedding. Most of it is classical music and so I've been enjoying brushing up on some pieces that I haven't played in awhile.

I'll try to come up with a more interesting post when I get a chance to read something a little deeper than how Foxy Loxy really outwitted Henny Penny and friends and how it all started 'cause she jumped to a wrong conclusion when the acorn fell on her head.

Technorati tag:

No comments: