Monday, April 05, 2004

Friday, I was at the school and Saturday was really busy as we had invited company over for dinner after church. Plus I had agreed to play piano for the worship team at church and had a practice that evening.

And of all things - the door key to Ladger's parents' car was missing off the ring and I didn't notice when I locked the car door and went inside to practice. Needless to say, Ladger was less than thrilled to pack up the kids and drive to town to bring me a key so I could get into the car.
Actually he was really kind about it. So I didn't get home until 10 pm and didn't have time or energy to finish a few last minute things to get my house in order for company the next day.
And so I set the alarm for 6:30 am so I'd have lots of time. But Paxton beat the alarm clock and was 'shouting' for me at 6:00 am and was wide awake and ready to start the day - YIKES!
So there went any efficiency that morning just like that. But Ladger gave me a hand and everything was left tidy and dinner just ready to be cooked as soon as we got back from church.
And then I really enjoyed the morning as I participated in the worship music and then had a great visit with some new friends. Elin is from Norway and Shawn from north of us by about an hour's drive and they have two kids (one the same age as Paxton). They also farm and so we had lots to chat about.

No comments: