Thursday, April 15, 2004

Yesterday was quite miserable (the weather) with a very cold wind.
Today is much nicer. Both the boys have a touch of cold but love getting outside. Paxton played in the sandbox for a long time before he got tired of it and then when I brought him inside he dropped off to sleep immediately!! Rory goes from one thing to the next so he's more difficult to watch (when I'm staining my new shelves, etc). At one point I did lose sight of him but sure enough he was in a tractor cab at the back of the yard. He told me he was going to drive the tractor into the quonset. It's a good thing he hasn't figured out how to actually start a tractor up yet. Anyhow they keep me on my toes and my project is taking a long time. On the other hand I spent hours next door last summer with Rory and didn't get anything 'accomplished' with all that time. At least this way I'm working on something when I'm over there by the shop - I don't mind that it's slow going. I've finished 5 shelves (stained and finished) and I have 5 to go. And then it's time to start Rory's new loft bed. I downloaded the plans from the internet and Ladger helped me pick up the hardware and lumber that I need. It'll be fun to get going on that one! I chose the loft bed (basically a bunk bed with no bed on the bottom) so I can use the toddler bed for Paxton and put that underneath Rory's bed. I really can't wait to move the crib out of the room - it'll definitely free up some floor space.

No comments: