Tuesday, July 27, 2004

 Sleeping I don't usually write at night but lately I'm having trouble finding much 'extra' time in my day.  Right now I've got one in bed and one to go   in a few minutes but since he's busy 'augering' his pink beans into the bin, I'll spend a few minutes here. Paint And Brush Rory painted his soybeans pink this morning so they would like the treated seed we use on the farm. Yesterday he decided to put his beans into a pile of dirt to make them 'dirty' because we have a seed cleaner that cleans our seed and he wants to copy that. The trouble is he had way too much dirt and far too few beans.  He had a lot of trouble 'cleaning' them and ended up giving up and letting most of the dirt fall under the deck. I ended up spending a few minutes trying to salvage some of his dirty beans but this morning we went to the shop and got a new batch of peas for him to play with.  I can't   believe how much he tries to copy every single thing that happens on the farm. Tractor Paxton is starting to show similar interests - constantly varooming about with tractors. He loves being in the shop and it's a full time job for me in there - he is determined to drink from the oil can and get into every oily, greasy, filthy thing he can find.
I remember someone telling me how we (parents) get so eager to have our children reach milestones like talking for instance and then wish they hadn't.  Right now Rory talks ALL the time! We say 'shush' and he keeps right on motoring. Instead of asking just 'why?'  He also keeps asking 'why not?'. There's no peace in our household unless he's sleeping or over at Grandma's.  He's not been misbehaving (for the most part) but I can't believe how tired I get of the incessant chatter. Blah Blah 






No comments: