Thursday, July 08, 2004

Today we head to camp. The last couple of days I've been busy doing every stitch of laundry I could find plus mending that was overdue. I even made the time to make a string of lace (black with gold beads) to hide a repair in one of my favorite tops. It's amazing how complicated it is to travel with a baby. Even though Paxton is over a year, we still need to bring a playpen for him to sleep in, a stroller, a high chair and lots of other 'stuff'. Ladger says we may as well put wheels on our house and drive it there. I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed last evening and Ladger wonders why I put myself through it - after all, it is my idea of a good time. I just agreed that it's a lot of work to go away for a few days but it's still worth it once the work is done and we're on the road. Of course, last night would be the night where I wouldn't get much sleep. Rory peed in his bed at 3 am and came to our room shivering with cold. He almost never does that anymore so it's always a surprise when he does. So I got him changed and settled and then my mind went into overdrive and I had to really work at relaxing enough to go back to sleep. I did but my alarm clock went off at 6 am and I couldn't shut him off (Paxton, I mean). He was wide awake and ready to go. I put him in bed with us hoping he would settle down but that backfired. He headbutted Ladger a number of times and roughhoused until finally we got up. Now he's napping.

No comments: