Friday, July 23, 2004

 Steamed I hate quack grass. That's my venting after a whole morning pulling out the nasty things.  They have taken root in my lily bed and I'm having a time of it getting it under control.  I cut them out (pulling as much root as I could) in spring.  Then later I wiped them with round-up and while that did help, I still have lots of them thriving so I had a real time trying to pull them all out again. Next I plan to poison any that come back (I'm sure those rhizomes are putting out new blades of grass even as I write this).  That flowerbed has all my tulips and lily bulbs in it which means I have to do whatever I do by hand. But the lilies are blooming and the flowerbed is looking so much better now!  I read in another blog awhile back about this person's need to 'vent' in their blog and how their readers are going to see a 'real' picture of their lives.  Well I'm sure my blog looks like a lot of 'fluff' to my readers. I never vent because that's not why I started writing in the first place. I want to be able to cherish the memories of my life someday when I'm too old to remember the details without a little help. Do I have headstrong, willful children? You bet I do.    Do I pull out my hair sometimes in complete frustration?  It's a wonder I have any hair left. Do I always get along with Ladger perfectly?  Well I'm sure you all know the answer to that one. And do I struggle living so close to my in-laws? Not usually but there are those things.....  Anyway, there is so much that I'm thankful for and it's those good things I take pleasure in that I want to share with you and also remember for myself.  But I don't mind 'venting' about the weeds I need to contend with. That I can do with my whole heart. Rolly 2







No comments: