Friday, April 08, 2005

The Treasure Hunt is On...

I love treasure hunts. My sister and I spent hours in summer making treasure hunts for each other. The final clue led to some candy carefully hidden. It had to be hidden well because my brother's fun was in finding it before we had a chance to reach the end. And boy did we get mad at him sometimes.

Spring is like a big treasure hunt for me (and no little brothers can spoil the prize at the end this time).

I rejoice over every little sign of life from tulips poking their heads through the earth to the tiniest buds popping out from dead looking tree limbs. I love pushing aside a mound of leaves from the base of a perennial and see brand new green leaves coming up. I love the flowers I have started from seed and daily look for signs of new leaves and growth. Stirrings of life amidst death and decay. There is no doubt that life is a very beautiful and precious thing.

No comments: