Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Birthday thoughts....

Yesterday was Paxton's birthday. I could write about his birth story and how it was a rainy day just like yesterday. How I'd been having false labor for days before I just decided he had to come and walked three miles in sleet with such determination. That night he came...and he came quick. I woke up with intese labor (did I sleep through the easy part?) Anyhow, he was born 2 hours after I got to the hospital. It was intense but I'd take a short labor anyday to a long drawn out affair.

I could talk about how I marvelled at him. And just what he has brought to our lives.

But I'm not a poetic writer and I'm not sure I could express what I feel about him. Words just don't do it. But yesterday, I held him and felt incredible love for this little boy who is so quickly growing up and leaving the baby stage behind. He's starting to say more words now and I adore his little baby voice.

He unwrapped his presents with the greatest care and enjoyed it thoroughly. He blew out the candle on his cake with the cutest little puff and we all thought he was so adorable. He watched the sparklers on the cake with awe.

He laughs with such abandon.

He uses his own fork to eat and manages to eat more than Rory lots of times. He lets me feed him when it's something like soup and he opens his mouth surprisingly wide and goes after the spoon - looks like a starving baby chick.

He can disappear to the next yard quicker than I can blink. He runs so fast and far and it's amazing because he still has that awkward baby gait. He always looks like he could topple over any minute...but he seldom does. He is daring and busy.

He's perfect for our family. And we thank God for him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »