Thursday, June 09, 2005

Her name is....

Daisy. I would never have picked that name in a million years but Rory came up with it and so....it is. Our new little guinea pig looks anything but like a daisy to me; short and squat, black haired and plump. I've started calling her "oopsy daisy".

It's amazing the efforts we will go through for these little creatures. Yesterday, I went out...in the rain... and gathered up a pile of sticks and some straw bedding in the barn. And then I cleaned out her cage. And then washed the sticks, cut them to the same length and then roped them together and attached it to the cage so it hangs down like a rope ladder. That is her absolute favorite thing - she huddles underneath it and peaks out at us between the sticks.

The boys love Daisy and when I let her out of the cage they have a hard time being calm enough for her to approach them. She's still a little nervous of us all. I'm not sure I blame her. But Rory is really gentle in his own boyish way and I'm glad he has this opportunity to learn how to treat well a creature made by God.

No comments: