Sunday, June 12, 2005

Cultivation, Leashes and Sparrows...

We're getting some sun! It was rainy and cool for so long, I was beginning to think we'd never see warm summer days. I spent most of yesterday in the yard pulling the bigger weeds that the rotortiller won't get in my orchard patch. Ladger started helping me and then he said it was too big a job and so he cultivated it for me. So that patch is taken care of....for now.

A few days ago Ladger and I were thinking it would be so nice if we could put a leash on Daisy to take her outside. To my surprise, there was such a thing and I bought it. And so yesterday I walked the guinea pig.

I'm up so early this morning - 6:30 am and the sun is shining so nice. I think I'll even have time to paint my toenails before I head to church. I'm excited because I get to play the prelude on the church's brand new grand piano - yippee! So I pulled out some arrangements of old hymns by Fred Bock. And then I'm 'jazzing' them up a little - swingin' the time a little on some of them. So I'll be playing some of my favorites: Day by Day, Just a Closer Walk With Thee, I've Got Peace Like a River, His Eye is on the Sparrow. Just curious....Sparrow, if you are reading this, you must love this last song....

No comments: