Monday, June 20, 2005

On the wings of an eagle....


On the wings of an eagle we will rise
We will not grow weary, we will not grow faint
We will stand up straight



These were some of the words (that I can remember) of the first song we sang in church and they touched my heart in a special way as I thought of the troubles we've been facing over the last couple of days. It was so good to be with God's people! And I've been touched by the kindness of people - including all of you who have left comments!

A friend came by and shared that she'd had a dream the night before the flood. She dreamed that I was drowning and calling for help. And she felt God was calling her to pray for me. You can imagine what she felt when she heard we were flooded the next day. I still don't know what to make of it all. It makes me think that maybe I was in more serious danger than I was even aware of when I crossed through that water to reach my boys. And I'm so thankful for the prayers of my friend and for a God who loves me enough to impress others to pray that specifically for me.

We have a lot of cleanup ahead of us - some piles of straw are about 3 feet deep and cover large areas. I'm glad we have some tractors - that should take care of some of the biggest messes. And we have a large part of our lawn covered in gravel - look like a new driveway. That will probably be the hardest part to clean up. But again I am blessed because a group of friends are coming over tomorrow to help me out.

So today I think I'll go to town to buy some grass seed, some new plants and roses... I think I'll buy several rose bushes. My rose bushes all withstood the flood but I think I'll add more to remind me of how fragile life is and how beauty outshines the thorns. Our yard is starting to green up - everything was a dirty brown a couple of days ago. Every time I dug out a plant, I'd try to clean it off. Some times I sprayed the plants a number of times because as soon as it dried - it was brown again. And today I pray that I will rise on the wings of an eagle; my spirit soaring upwards even as I set my heart to the task that lies in front of me.

No comments: