Monday, June 06, 2005

Carmon at Buried Treasure is a new read for me but I just had to mention this post.

Lately, Rory lies more often than he tells the truth. Most of the time he lies to get his own way, not out of fear of consequences. For example, he'll ask Dad if he can bring a toy to Sunday School and when he says no, he comes to me and tells me that Dad said he could. And he spins yarns. He told me one time that Grandma drove into the grain truck with the car. He told it with lots of details and almost had me believing his tall tale. Most of the time it's easy to spot his tall tales though - too absurd to believe.

I'm glad he has a good imagination and I don't want to stifle it. But I definitely have a problem with the lying that seems to come so easy to him.

I could go to books for help but how much more important it is that I pray for wisdom from our Creator who loves and understands us so much better than we ever could. But I also value the opinions of those who have been down this road with their own children. So I'm open to any suggestions from y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »