Friday, June 17, 2005

Dirt and Daisy...

Do you ever forget that you're too big for the playground? Rory and Paxton were having fun sliding at home and asked me to go down once. I sized up the slide and figured I should fit. I almost did! I didn't get stuck - worse I slid down and scraped a bit of skin off both sides. Ouch! Well I guess that serves me right for forgetting to act my age *grin*.

That night Rory was concerned about my 'owies'. He said he was going to fix me up tomorrow with some dirt and then a bandage. Yep, I said dirt. A couple of days ago I was explaining to him why we need to bury things that die (like the dead gopher he put in our halfton). I explained that God made the first man out of dirt. And that when we die we turn back to dirt. His eyes got big and then he said, "my skin isn't dirt, see?" But I guess he believes me because now he figures that a little dirt will replace the skin that's missing off my legs!!

We 'walk' the guinea pig just about every day. I know some folks don't get making a rodent your pet but we look at her and see that her face looks like a bunny (without the ears), she walks like a miniature hippo and that's enough to make her quite lovable. Plus she makes the cutest sounds and she can outrun the boys. But I have long learned that everything is a matter of perception. When I moved here, I thought the gophers were kind of cute.I don't see them in that way anymore since they've become such a pest on the yard (and in the fields). Even some mice are really cute if they're not running about in my house. So don't be afraid to give yourself permission to enjoy the rodents in your life! After all, they're God's creatures too - living out their purpose in the food chain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »