Thursday, June 23, 2005

This Good Day...

Last Sunday I found a surprise in my mail box in the church - the CD "Home" by Fernando Ortega. A dear friend picked it up at our local Christian bookstore because she remembered that I loved hers when I heard it (and they were giving away all their older demos). I'm sure she had no idea how much it meant (I don't think she was aware of our flooding at that point). So I got home and was touched anew by the first song. Here's the chorus:
That this good day
It is a gift from you.
The world is turning in its place
Because you made it to.
I lift my voice
To sing a song of praise
On this good day.


It resonated with my heart that it was indeed a good day and that I had so much to praise God for. Here's a little list of blessings:
  • I always wanted lots of mulch in my garden and flowerbeds - now I have plenty :-)
  • I found the little weeding tool that I love so much - I was so surprised and pleased to find it among all the straw and debris
  • My strawberry plants are yielding strawberries!!!!
  • Friends came and gave me a hand with some of the hard work
  • Every flower that blooms is like a little treasure
  • God has filled my heart with joy

No comments: