Thursday, June 02, 2005

Today Ladger and I are heading to town without the boys....I need to shop for Paxton's birthday plus I wanted to buy some bedding plants - both of which are near impossible with the boys along. I had plans to meet a girlfriend for coffee but that didn't work out as she got called into work - can't wait to reschedule!!

This Tuesday was Ladger's first opportunity to come in and watch Rory's soccer game. But we were running a little late so he was pushing the speed a bit. I asked him to slow down as I worried that the car couldn't handle it. You see, I've been driving that thing for awhile knowing that it could give me problems anytime (it did two Tuesdays in a row). Sure enough, we blew a gasket on the way into town - had to turn around and limp back home and finally get the halfton to get to town. We were late but it turned out OK. Rory was the first one who noticed the temperature light come on. He watches the dash like a hawk these days. And he says things like he'd like a hammer to smash the car up so we can throw it in the garbage and buy a new one. I wouldn't put it quite like that but... The problem is that it's not our car - it's Ladger's parents car and they don't move too quick on making a new purchase. Maybe now.... But this morning Ladger is picking up parts to fix the car and then we'll probably keep it awhile longer since he's gone to the trouble of repairing it. *sigh*

No comments: