Thursday, August 04, 2005

It was an odd feeling to hear about the Air France accident at Toronto's Pearson Airport the day after we'd flown from there. A day's difference....

I couldn't get over the difference in Paxton in the few days we were gone. He knows more words and speaks them more clearly then ever; amazing how they can just 'get it' and start talking a lot suddenly!

Rory disobeyed specific instructions three times yesterday. So I've finally implemented the discipline chart I've been thinking of for awhile. Basically, he has to obey, tell the truth, treat others(Paxton) with kindness, and treat things well in order to maintain the privileges he usually enjoys (e.g. treats like ice cream, toys, visiting at Grandma's without me, etc). I'm hoping that the visual aid of the chart will help.

Next comes a housecleaning and homeschooling schedule for me to get into the swing of things once Fall comes. I have come to believe that organization is absolutely key to not going 'crazy' while homeschooling. So here I go in my quest to be much better organized.

Technorati tag:

No comments: