Tuesday, August 09, 2005

One kid can accomplish a lot....

It's just been Paxton and I this morning but as I look around my house after being on the phone for awhile and preparing for leading a worship team on Sunday, the evidence that I haven't been paying attention is all around me. Someone spread out some bedding and less desirable 'stuff' from our guiniea pig's cage out on my kitchen floor. Someone found the hardware odds and ends container under my bed and dumped out a whole bag of screws in my bedroom. Someone emptied out the dirty laundry from the hamper into the hall. Someone smushed candy into the socket Ladger was using to fix the toilet earlier this morning (because someone flushed too much toilet paper and plugged it).

The price of focusing on something other than the kids is a high one to pay...sometimes it's almost seems too high. But no, my life is enriched by relationships, music, reading, blogging, etc. So I guess I'll just remind myself as I clean up the mess, that life is nothing if not interesting...

Technorati tag:

No comments: