Friday, June 11, 2004

Another rainy day! We have been blessed with a nice amount of moisture for our crops to have an excellent start this year. Our fields are starting to turn green which means the crop is getting to a good size already. I am really glad I went through the garden with our mini rotortiller to do a quick job of the majority of weeds because I won't be weeding for a few more days, as wet as it is. This afternoon I'll try to catch up on the farm books while the boys are sleeping.

Rory was having a little trouble with number sequences but today he seemed to really 'get' it and is now doing them with no trouble. e.g. fill in the missing number - 7,8,___,10. We're also working on his numbers from 11-20 and continuing to work with the sounds of the letters in the alphabet. We ordered him a sprayer *just like Dad's* because he's been looking in the stores for one - he doesn't want to seed anymore since Dad is all done seeding. I didn't want to wait until his birthday because then farming is done for the year. So we'll give it to him when we have a little party to celebrate his completion of unit one in both math and phonics.

Paxton is awake and fussing about being in the crib so I guess I'll have to go soon and see if I can't get him back to sleep - otherwise I'll not get any books done - that's for sure!

No comments: