Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Today I'm trying to get ready for our mini-holiday tomorrow and Thursday. And where does a farming family go for holidays? To the Farm Progress Show in Regina, of course! It should be fun as we head out in our packed half-ton (Ladger's parents are coming too). We're staying overnight at Regina Inn and I called there to confirm our registrations and my heart nearly stopped when they couldn't find us (I'm sure every room in Regina is gone as I had a hard time finding these rooms even). So I went looking for my confirmation number and sure enough everything was OK. I guess there were lots of odd letters in my name like 'p' ??!!?? - I would have liked seeing what they had typed in. So all is ready except for me. I need to do a load of laundry to at least wash our swim gear and then pack and get the house tidied up.
I bought a backpack for Rory. He wanted one with Dora on it but it was purple and pink and very girlish looking. But then we spotted the Finding Nemo backpack and it was love at first sight. He laid it beside him for his naptime and just now got up and put it back on again -heehee! I'm glad because I'll have enough to haul around. It will be nice if he can carry a few of his own things