Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Ladger and his dad went spraying liquid fertilizer on some wheat crops late afternoon. So I had to take out supper with the boys. Rory always eats his lunch with Grandpa in the 'water truck'. We were parked beside a mud puddle and after Rory ate, he rode his bicycle into it - for sure!! Well he got the bike stuck so I helped pull that out and then he couldn't move out of the mud either. So I pulled him out - right out of his sandals. Since I didn't want to get muddy, I made Rory go back in to the puddle to fish out his sandals. So by then his legs and arms were filthy and then he started really enjoying playing in the mud; taking a flying leap into the middle of it again and again. We didn't have anything to clean him up so I found an old blanket and he had to sit on that for the ride home. He had a great time (and honestly if I were home I just might have joined him).

No comments: