Monday, June 07, 2004

Today is Paxton's first birthday. He got a new big megablok firetruck from us although Rory has been playing with it more than Paxton has so far. We had a bit of a party last evening with Ladger's parents. I'm getting more relaxed about having my in-laws over then I used to be. I wasn't tense at all while getting ready. That's good because we're supposed to have a little party for Rory soon to give him a certificate for his achievements with his schooling.
I feel wonderful!! Teaching at the school is done for another year and most of my students did really well in the recital! And most of them will be continuing next year with me and a few more have already been asking to be added. And I received some really nice comments from parents that are very encouraging. I may have to start teaching another day to fit everyone in - yikes! Besides that, I now have three summer students - two of them from about 45 min away from here. These latest two are girls in grade 2 and I'm really going to enjoy working with them - I've had one of them for a lesson already on Saturday.
And my garden is all up and growing well (and the weeds along with it, naturally) My lawn is mowed. Most weeds have been dealt with in my flowerbeds. My iris' and lilacs are blooming - lots of purple on the yard right now. There's few things that satisfy as deeply as looking outside and enjoying the 'view' instead of feeling overwhelmed because there's too much to do and no time (or energy) to do it.

No comments: