Monday, June 28, 2004

Yesterday, on the way to church I mentioned how nice it would be to eat lunch in the park to plant the idea in my dh's head. After church, a number of young families were planning to meet at a park and when I mentioned it to Ladger he said he'd rather go to a different park and have a family time. So I went for that - just happy that I wouldn't be cooking dinner on such a beautiful day. We picked up some take-out and went to one of the quieter parks in town. Rory spotted a couple of boys (older than him by a few years) by the creek so he ran over and joined them. We couldn't quite see what they were doing so I went over. They had a net and were catching tiny little fish and putting them in a pail. Rory thought that was just awesome. As we were just finishing up lunch, a family came by and invited us to join them. We did and had a great visit! Meanwhile the boys were getting ready to go home but were willing to share their 'catch' with Rory so he came running over. I dumped out the remainder of my coke (didn't need the calories anyway) and gave him the cup for his fish. He brought six home. Three died on the way. The other three survived the night in a glass bowl. Now what!!?!! Actually I think it's time to head to the creek by our place and say good-bye to those little guys before they die. It's bad enough that he saw Grandpa shooting gophers and has been talking about death ever since.

No comments: