Sunday, August 29, 2004

Too Happy 1Harvest has begun! Yesterday we tried a bit but the straw was still a little tough so we had to wait until today and it sounds like it's going great!! Yesterday we all went out to the field in a big caravan. Paxton and I led the way with the half ton and the combine's header on a trailer behind. Ladger and Rory went in the combine followed by Jake (his dad) in one grain truck and his mom bringing up the rear with another grain truck. This field we're starting with is about 20 min from home and they had more rain there because the roads were still muddy and it's very hilly. CruisinI'm so glad the half-ton (actually a three quarter ton) is 4 wheel drive because I certainly needed it to get up some of the muddy hills with that big header on behind. As soon as I got to the field, I set up the barb-b-q and we had our first harvest meal out there.
Mouse On WheelThis morning I woke up to the sounds of a mouse rattling a plastic bag in our bedroom. I saw him a couple of times and asked Ladger to try and catch him once I saw him go behind our chest of drawers and we could corner him. Success!! He caught him and put him outside. I hope that's the end of our mouse troubles!! My friend was telling me about sticky traps for mice that she likes to use. When I mentioned it to Ladger, he said he didn't like using them because the mice look so tortured. I know he was glad to be able to let our little guy go free this morning.
I took the boys to church with me this morning and we got back as Ladger's mom was emptying her load of peas into the bin. She told me all was going very well and had a big smile. The boys and I will head out to the field for supper. Rory will want to go for a ride in the combine for sure. In Sunday School today he thought he was a combine :-) I have to explain this to people who are trying to talk to him because it's not self-evident and they really don't know what he's doing - it really looks strange!

No comments: