Monday, August 23, 2004

Yesterday I taught Sunday School for 18 mos to 3 yr old class. The four year olds and up have no Sunday School for the summer so I also had a number of older kids too. It was busy but I had lots of help. I didn't realize that someone's been doing lesson prep all summer and so did my own prep. We did the story about the disciples who fished all night and got nothing for their efforts until Jesus came by in the morning and told them to try the other side of the boat. We made the craft first so they could help in the story time. We put glitter on some felt fish cut-outs and then tied them to a string and a popsicle stick. FishI had previously made some with no fish on them. So it was cute as I told the story and let them pull out fishing rods to see if they caught any fish and there wasn't a fish on anyone's line. Then my helper switched their crafts into the bucket behind my back and all of a sudden the kids were starting to 'catch' fish. The only hitch was that the fishing line got all tangled up and we could only do a few and then we had to untangle a big mess - Oops But the kids seemed to enjoy it anyway.
Last evening we went for coffee at a friend's house and had a good visit! We swapped mouse stories and enjoyed a pan of brownies :-) Rory loves visiting there because they have a son who is a year older who loves farming and has lots of cool tractors and stuff. Practically a paradise for Rory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! In investment property sail sale top Twinblock orthodontic appliance acne e yasmin