Saturday, August 07, 2004

I talked to my friend in Banff a little while ago and I can't wait to have a real visit as well as see her daughter for the first time since she's been born. It has been a busy day getting ready to go. I'm taking a little break from my laundry to write one more little blurb.

The other day Rory was in the garage to get a ball and when he came back I could read trouble all over his worried face. Apparently he decided he wanted a cooler that is on top of metal shelves in there (that also holds all my canning supplies). You guessed it, he managed to topple the whole thing and broke almost every piece of glass on the shelf. I alternated between feeling hugely relieved as he didn't have even one little scratch on him, guilty because I didn't have the foresight to see that one coming and mad because of a big unnecessary mess that I now have to clean up. It's at times like these that I'm so thankful I believe that God's in control. If He weren't (and it's clear that I'm not) I'd be a worried mess over all the things that can go wrong; the things that could result in tragedy. As it is, I can have peace and leave my worries in His hands. Sometimes at night before I sleep, worries enter my mind and I find myself dwelling on them and building up imaginary scenarios in my mind that really scare me. I always get up and read the Bible and pray and it's amazing how those thoughts dissipate. I love this verse

And oh yeah, Happy Birthday to me Birthday

No comments: