Friday, August 06, 2004

It's a beautiful summer day and I especially enjoyed dinner - potatoes, carrots, peas, dill, lettuce from the garden and steak on the barb-b-q. I ate way too much and now I'm sleepy but I really have lots to do while the boys are napping. Sunday morning we're heading to Banff for a few days and so I've lots of laundry to finish up before I can start packing. It's been a long time since we've been out (our trip this winter got cut short and we only made it as far as Calgary). It will be so awesome to see our friends there and their little ones. Last time we were there, we had Rory and two other married friends were just hoping for kids. Now we all have families and it will be so neat. We're planning to head to the zoo in Calgary one day - should be a great time! So I won't have any time to be depressed on my birthday tomorrow. And once we get back from our trip, it will be a countdown to harvest so this is really our last hurrah this summer. I will be running into town to get some farm machinery parts for Ladger once the boys are up because he's putting on a push to have everything ready to go before we leave (as much as is possible).

No comments: