Friday, May 06, 2005

Designed to Work...

It's a rainy day but so far it's just spitting and I'm sure Ladger is seeding anyway.

Last evening after I spent the day teaching music lessons, I planted five Larch trees with the help of the boys. Paxton soaked Rory with the hose and then started crying 'cause his own hands were wet and cold. So I asked Rory to finish watering the last two trees and it was neat to leave him with that and have him take some responsibility while I went to warm Paxton up. It's amazing how he likes to work and loves to feel he is contributing.

I believe we were designed to work and feel best when we are productive. I was so tired after school and I did the very best thing I could have. If I had sat down and watched TV instead (which is what I felt like doing), I wouldn't have felt nearly as good. The result was that I felt re-energized, the boys and I had fun and some trees got planted.

No comments: