Saturday, May 28, 2005

I'm having a lazy day today - it's cold and rainy and I'm more than happy to curl up with a good book and relax my day away. But I enjoyed our recital immensely last night! Did I ever mention that I work with the best group of young people? They made me so proud of them....I get a little teary-eyed. A little guy in grade two started off with playing Oh Canada and I think it threw him off a bit when everyone stood up as he was playing. But he played it like a little trooper - very well done especially considering this has been his first year with piano lessons. All the way through to the end where we heard a young man sing "Home" by Michael Buble. It was such a mix of piano, vocal and guitar - beginner to advanced. What a privilege I have to be involved in the lives of these young people - sharing my own love of music with some really talented kids.

So, while I'm looking forward to the summer break you can bet I'll be looking forward to starting up again in the Fall.

I had an awesome evening and came home to be blessed once again. It was about 10 pm (past bedtime) and as soon as I drove in, Rory came flying out the door excited about something in his hands. It was a bird he'd rescued from the cat earlier that evening. Ladger had told him he could keep him until I got home and then he had to let him go. So he gently kissed him on the head and set him outside on our deck.

We checked in the morning and the bird had died in the night so Ladger took it away. Later, the first thing that Rory did was to see if his bird had gone. And when he didn't see him he came and told me that he flew away and how he'd miss him so much. Sad and beautiful...

No comments: