Saturday, May 21, 2005

Warfare...

Yesterday I went to war on the dandelions in my flowerbeds. My lawn gets sprayed every fall but there are always a few that survive anyway. And this spring I can see a whole section of my lawn that got missed - Dandelion city! Most of the dandelions are easy to dig up. But the ones that are insidious are the ones that come up right beside a tulip or inside a shrub or in the middle of a clump of iris. Trying to remove them without hurting my plants is challenging.

Weeds remind me of sin. Prolific and invasive. Having it removed from our hearts can be painful as it wraps itself so deeply in us. I'm so thankful that I can rely on the Master Gardener who treats me with such care even when weeds surround me, grow up within me and threaten to choke me out.

When I'm finished my job, I sit back and take delight in my flowerbeds. How much more must our Creator delight in us as He continues to work within us. "He reached down from heaven and rescued me...He led me to a place of safety; He rescued me because He delights in me." 2 Sam 22:17,20