Sunday, May 01, 2005

April (snow) showers...

Bring May Flowers? I can't wait for that! We're supposed to have a wiener roast tonight. I guess it's going to be a wiener boil instead ' cause we'll have to be inside. It snowed all day yesterday. Now most of it has gone already but it still feels icy outside. And tonight is Rory's AWANA closing. He didn't want to eat lunch because he was waiting to eat 'wieners'. That would have been a long wait. After hotdogs, we'll have the award ceremony and Rory has to recite a verse: I Timothy 4:10 - "We trust in the Saviour of all men".

This morning was the first Sunday we had our pastor back from a missions trip to Poland. He certainly must have had crazy week as he landed in Canada and had a board meeting this week as well as prepare a sermon on the Resurrecton of Jesus Christ. I thought the timing was neat as Easter is celebrated today in the Greek Orthodox Church. Our worship team was on and again, it was a special blessing to me - to be part of such a team! Our team is now not on again until July and I think we're all sorry about that - I will definitely miss it.

On the other hand, I'm grateful for a little respite to start focusing my attention on some things that have been let slide for the last few weeks - like my housework and bookkeeping. And soon I'll have lots to keep me busy in the yard and I also have a music recital coming up at the end of May that my students are working hard to prepare for. So I won't be getting bored any time soon.

No comments: