Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Special days...

I enjoyed mother's day. We went to church and I got to accompany a young person who sang a solo (with piano) and it went over very well. It always thrills me when the young people I get to work with shine. And then we went for lunch ....to Tacotime. That may seem like an odd choice in our community. The restaurants are all so full on Mother's day that I thought fast food was the way to go. It may not have the ambience but it's so peaceful. We were the only customers over lunch and the boys could wander around as they wished and I enjoyed my meal thoroughly!

And then as the boys took a nap, I played guitar all afternoon because I was asked to accompany a gal who's singing tonight. She asked me Sunday so I had to be sure I could handle the piece before I let her know for sure if I could do it.

So yesterday I met up with her on her lunch break for the oddest practice I've ever had. We both climbed into my half-ton and practiced there in the parking lot :-) Tonight will be a little crazy as I go to the church to bring my guitar and set up and then head to soccer with Rory. And then back to church to play guitar as soon as soccer is over. I'm not sure what I'll do with Rory yet. Maybe he can go to a friend's house for a bit.

No comments: