Friday, May 13, 2005

Unexpected Coffee Break....

Tuesday: Soccer. But the catch was I had agreed to play guitar for a ladies' program that same evening. I went early to set up at the church before soccer and then as I started the car to head to the soccer field, it barely started and sounded terrible! Our pastor's wife happened by and heard it and generously offered her car so I could at least count on getting to soccer and back to the church again.

Coaching four year olds is as fun as I thought it might be. It means I'm constantly on the run the entire time as 'out of bounds' means nothing to these little dudes! I've got a couple of kids that really know what they're about and the rest.....well, hopefully they'll catch on to a few things this season while still having fun.

The music went well and Rory did well during that time. So we headed out to the car to see how it would start. It started and sounded....normal! Whew! So I headed home and barely got out of town before the temperature light came on. I pulled over and waited for the engine to cool down. I took a look under the hood and didn't notice anything obviously wrong. That was how the trip went. I had to stop every few minutes and then drive a couple of minutes... It kept getting worse until I looked around and realized I was close to a friend's house so I headed there to phone home.

So Ladger and his dad and his mom and Paxton showed up. I'm not sure why everyone felt like they had to come but the whole family was there for my big crisis - LOL It turns out the anti-freeze was all gone (apparently there's a slow leak and no one had paid any attention to it for awhile with seeding and all). So it was just a matter of filling it up and we were on our way.

The first thing Ladger said was "Why did you drive all the way off the highway (about 2 miles) to phone?" Men don't get women. I'd rather drive a little farther to a friend's house than just go to the nearest home. Besides we got to visit and have a cup of coffee!!

Wednesday: It's a fog - who knows?

Thursday: I spent the day at school giving lessons, got home, picked up the boys, made supper and headed to the field with it and the boys, had to wait an hour before I could go home again to get our supper (Ladger's dad needed a ride to a different field), held Paxton all evening as he had a fever. This morning he's still pretty lethargic but he slept well all night. Hopefully he'll be feeling better soon.

No comments: