Tuesday, September 28, 2004

I already mentioned that I really enjoyed church on Sunday but I didn't talk about the rest of that day. I got out to the parking lot and my lights had been on for the entire service. One of the boys must have pushed the light button before we got out of the car and I didn't notice as I had my hands more than full with the two boys. But I got in and it started and was no problem That's A Relief....until we went 8 miles and just as I went to turn the corner from the highway unto our road, the car died and it was all I could do to make the turn and pull the car over to the side of the road. I went in to use the phone and met those folks for the first time. Of course I couldn't reach Ladger (figured he wouldn't bother turning on his cell phone) so I called a neighbor who graciously came by and drove us home. She and her two boys came in for awhile and we had a nice visit. Then as she was leaving, I looked around and couldn't see Paxton anywhere (just saw him a second ago). So as she drove away I went running over to Ladger's parents to find him and had to make a big loop before I finally spotted him. (It's always a concern with grain trucks coming to the yard all day). After than, I finally got in touch with Ladger and he suggested I tell his dad about the car and go bring it home. Well when I went over, Ladger's dad was shoveling lentils under the bin. Someone forgot to close the bottom of the bin and so when he was unloading his lentils into the bin, they poured out underneath in a large pile. So I went for another shovel and got busy. We just about got it all cleaned up when Ladger came home that evening. By then it was dark and Ladger was worried that someone would schmuck into the car. So we went to get the car but no one thought to check if the booster cables were along. MechanicWe got there and the car started and went for about a mile and then stopped again. So we pushed the car into the ditch and went back home again for the cables. Finally after all that, we were finally able to drive that car home and into the shop. And soon after that I dropped into bed. Tired