Sunday, September 12, 2004

AngelI have my front door wide open as my two 'angels' are in the sandbox and since I can't see them from here I want to be sure to hear them which I have a couple of times since I sat down to write a quick blurb. The extra flies in the house will just have to be 'vacuumed' up. I use my little hand vac that Ladger got me for my birthday and it actually works quite well :-).
Yesterday, we finished combining the land close to home and Ladger is moving to the pieces that are further away. We still have a number of acres of peas to finish up. And then it's on to lentils.
Harvest has done one thing: Rory is on the field with Dad and Grandpa several hours a day and so I have quite a bit of one-on-one time with Paxton. We've been able to take nice walks out to the stream to throw rocks and watch ducksDuck; let him take the steering wheel when we're driving around in the field with the half-ton; and cuddle lots uninterrupted.
I had to go quickly and run and check the boys - too quiet! They're actually playing well together and right where they should be which is quite something as they can hear the combine and trucks next door.
Today I'm making lunch again. Yesterday was lasagna. Today is chili and cheese dogsHot Dog 2. I'm making the chili right now and I should think about something to make up for dessert. I pack a separate cooler for Ladger's folks and for ourselves. Yesterday Ladger's dad said they wouldn't have to eat for a week and his mom later said that she felt like a queen getting lunch made for her. Isn't it just the best motivator to hear words of appreciation like that? By the way, for a certain brother who may read this: I remember the hot chili you used to like making - I won't be attempting anything like that or no one would be able to eat :-)
Just before I could post this message Rory came running in. "The tractor's in the tree! The tractor's in the tree! Come on!" So I went to see that he has all his toys stuck in the lilac hedge. And one tractor was beyond his reach. Quite the impressive looking hedge now :-)