Sunday, September 05, 2004

Today I made a quick trip to town for parts for Ladger. Yesterday, Ladger phoned about these parts and so the guy set them aside for me to pick up - which I did yesterday afternoon. But when I saw them, I thought they didn't look like what Ladger had described to me so the guy added a different part from my description. I brought them home and was pleased that I had 'the right part' for sure!! Guess what - I had the right part for a different brand of header - Yikes!!Fainting And it wasn't my fault - the guy looked in the wrong parts book for our header. So today I went again and came home with what I'm sure is now the correct thing! Honestly, it's so hard to come back with the right parts - I don't know why it's so difficult to get it right the first time! So now I'm getting lunch ready to take out and hopefully Ladger will have what he needs to get the header fixed up. Our problem is that he's working on land he rented for the first time. The owner said the land wasn't terribly hilly and didn't have many rocks. I guess the question is "Compared to what?" Mountain 2The land is a lot hillier and a lot rockier than any thing else we farm. So Ladger is sending big rocks through the combine and breaking 'fingers' constantly and was feeling pretty discouraged about it the other day wondering why he's beating up his machinery so bad for someone else's land!! Well today we should be done with that land and on to our own. I know Ladger is looking forward to flat and relatively rock-free combining. Prayer Here's praying that the weather holds for a while longer!!