Thursday, September 02, 2004

It was my turn to make the noon meal today. I made a chocolate cake with caramel sauce for dessert and prebaked some potatoes. On the field I barbecued some steak, let the potatoes finish baking and added fresh yellow beans(and dill) in tinfoil to the grill. It turned out great! Harvest really can be a lot of fun - I don't know any other jobs where one gets to have a picnic every day. Picnic Table Mind you, not every day is a 'picnic' if the weather turns bad (really windy, cold and or rainy). Also if the grain is not good quality ,it can be a little depressing. But this year everything is going well so far. I even take along some dish soap and do up the dishes out there so when I get home I just unload the cooler of things that need to go in the fridge but all the clean-up is done already. Rory usually stays out after lunch for a few hours with Dad and Grandpa. When he gets home he is so tired and that suits me just fine.

Last Sunday, Rory's craft was a pom pom made of tissue paper over a toilet paper roll. Well on the way home he ripped off the tissue paper and was really happy with his plain toilet paper roll as he would hold it out in his hand as a spout for the auger (his arm). He's convinced he's a combine these days. I went to town a couple of days ago and he had to take his auger spout with him and I thought "Oh great - people are not going to understand what he's doing with the toilet paper roll - but oh well". Sure enough he got some interesting looks, and one lady at the bank asked me what he was doing. When I explained she really got a chuckle out of it.

Men's Room How does one teach your boys to have good bathroom manners in the field? Today Rory needed to do more than pee and stripped down to nothing and in front of everyone, did his business. Well there was nowhere to go but at least he could go behind a truck or something!! Meanwhile I'm cooking dinner and thinking how some appetites may disappear pretty quick. lol

No comments: