Thursday, September 30, 2004

I've got about five books on the go right now. I remember someone asking why I didn't finish one before starting another. My biggest reason is that I usually have quite different books on the go and I'll pick up and read whichever I'm in the 'mood' for. Today I picked up "Cries of the Heart" by Ravi Zacharias because I want something a little more thought provoking than some of the fiction I'm also reading. And as I found my place, I was drawn to this discussion of joy:
Joy is....contentment in being and is not dependent on just doing. That kind of attitude in life finds rest in the ordinary without the restlessness that awaits the extraordinary...But life joyfully lived....enables us to exult in the commonplace things of life.
That explains exactly how I feel - so incredibly blessed by God even though to some, my life may not look too exciting. Just the fact that I live in rural Saskatchewan instead of somewhere more exciting. The fact that I'm a stay-at-home Mom of two active preschool boys. It explains the intense pleasure I get out of getting a new lawn mower or of walking around the yard and inspecting my trees and flowers. It explains why I really don't care if I go on some exotic vacation. Or whether we build a house in five years or fifteen or at all. Or even little things like if I get a chance to go to a spa for some pampering. I love my ordinary life! Some may think that Tales of a Farmwife must be the stories of a country bumpkin but I know the truth. I'm the daughter of the King of Kings and there is nothing on earth that can top that! So to quote Maria, a fellow blogger at My Heart, God's Home - Joy to you today!!

No comments: